Earlier, the majority of the entrepreneurs were dependent on the conventional waterfall method to power their web presence. But the scenario has changed a lot. Nowadays, most of them are picking an agile approach of custom software development which has sprints and works on the principle of leveraging user feedback and data related to the websites.
But what has made this methodology over shine the traditional waterfall approach? Also, why this particular approach makes sense in this dynamic marketplace? And, why it’s the ideal alternative for your next web development project? Let’s look at all these factors one at a time.
What Is An Agile Approach For Creating Web Apps?
An agile system has sprints as its backbone each consisting predefined objectives and timeline. The deliverables of each sprint evaluated on a daily basis or at the end by gathering the reviews and analyzing the progress made. Also, you can’t commence next sprint until the previous one is closed.
The sole motive of the agile development method is to break down the entire project into smaller parts or pre-defined development cycles which are better known as sprints. With the help of daily stand-ups, this approach aims at building the finished portions of the end product as quickly as possible.
In addition, there’s no fixed scope for the entire project in this approach. Rather the scope can be tailored from one sprint to another on the basis of the gathered user feedback. Let’s explore the major advantages of this development methodology:
- This approach accelerates the web development process by letting software engineers and designers work on their respective functionalities. Also, they can develop the relevant components and use them for early user testing without even waiting for the previous stages to get completed.
- The agile approach is highly flexible and iterative in nature. This method requires stakeholders to actively participate in the entire development process and give their inputs at all the stages.
- Every member of an agile team is accountable for the success of the project and the teams are usually small. This motivates the professionals to work even harder and move ahead with the positive spirit of achieving the ultimate goal.
- The agile development method is a cost-efficient alternative in comparison to the waterfall approach. It’s because the process is really fast and adaptive by nature. Also, smaller teams are involved who invest less time in modifying features once the development is done.
- Sample versions of the web app are presented in the front of the project’s stakeholders at the accomplishment of every sprint. This makes them capable to evaluate the progress throughout the process and increase the speed with which the project is moving ahead.
- The agile web development approach works on the principle of continuous user testing and gathering feedback all through the build process. This makes the end product ready to get launched in the market as soon as possible.
To support this notion let’s look at the statement made by Andrea Fryrear who is the president and lead trainer for AgileSherpas. As per her opinion, “One major benefit of the agile approach is that you can get a small piece of the work in front of real users early and get their feedback, which can guide your work”.
- This particular methodology facilitates the production of clean and quality code which makes sure that the end products will be exceptional in terms of performance and functionality.
- This approach focuses primarily on building core features and keeping the less valuable ones reserved for the future which minimizes the risk factor associated with the project getting failed completely.
It’s because the agile approach lets you get familiar with the potential roadblocks in the early stages and prevents you from learning about the same at the end of accomplishing the entire project.
- Seamless collaboration and coordination are required between the development professionals and project’s stakeholders throughout the agile process. This allows organizations to build a strong bond and cherish them in the long-run with their development partners.
- The agile methodology not only enhances the success rates of web apps but also a way to increase the productivity of the programmers allows them to be quick and facilitates synergy.
- This methodology has established itself as a comprehensive way of building user-centric web apps and sites. Just to confirm this, let’s look at the statement made by Nicholas Yee who is the VP of operations for the indoor mapping company Jibestream. She said that “AWD has played a significant role in the innovative web experiences we have today and generally leads to improved user-centric websites and applications”.
We can say that the agile approach for building websites has proven to be an efficient and reliable one by allowing developers to pay attention to work on smaller sprints and put e their best foot forward to fulfil the expected objectives and move quickly towards producing a brand new digital product.
Anubhuti Shrivastava is a content crafter at Arkenea, a custom software development company helping entrepreneurs and businesses build successful web and mobile apps. She is passionate about writing articles on topics related to design and the software development industry.