If you are a facility or plant manager in an industry that uses heat energy, there are big chances that you have heard of waste heat recovery. If you do not already have an industrial waste heat recovery system in your facility, you might be wondering what it is and if it will fit your organization. In this article, you will be able to read about waste heat recovery systems, it’s benefits, and why you should implement it in your facility. Let’s take a look.
What is Industrial Waste Heat Recovery?
Waste Heat Recovery is the practice of seizing hot gas that exits industrial equipment such as, oxidizers, incinerators, gasifiers, and turbines, as well as utilizing its energy for other processes in the industry. Basically, waste heat recovery is a way of using the heat energy that would otherwise be wasted or expelled.
Why is it important?
These systems are used throughout various industries, and there is a good reason for that. The process of reusing expelled energy and heat that would otherwise be wasted can have a powerful impact, both on individual companies and on industries as a whole. There are various reasons why these systems are important, including:
1. Increased efficiency – when it comes to boosting the efficiency on a larger scale, for example, in large manufacturing industries and production plants, these systems are perhaps the most important thing to implement. Installing the system is quite a small change, that can significantly impact the efficiency, both on a large scale and on the industry level.
2. Resource Conservation – it is well known that we have limited resources and in most cases, we consume the resources faster than we can renew them. Hence, as a result, making sure that we use the resources efficiently and that we conserve them whenever that is possible should be the most important priority for any business, especially businesses that are large scale. One of the ways that plants can help conserve resources is to implement a waste heat recovery system. In many cases, by implementing it, you will eliminate the use of another heat source. This can make a big difference when it comes to saving energy resources.
3. Waste reduction – manufacturing and plant heating processes result in the industries producing waste. While some of it cannot be avoided, waste heat can be reused instead of being discarded. Redirecting the waste gas and using it as a heat source can quite reduce the waste that is produced and released into the atmosphere by your business.
How can an Industrial Waste Recovery System benefit your Plant?
This system will allow your facility to take advantage of all the benefits aforementioned. It can also be beneficial in these ways:
1. It can reduce your plant operating costs – facility managers and owner are always looking for ways to reduce operating costs. By implementing this system you will be able to save money on your facility’s operating costs.
2. By reusing industrial waste heat, you can reduce the plant’s energy consumption – as mentioned before, this technology can allow companies to reduce waste and boost efficiency. On a plant level, you can reduce its energy consumption.
3. It helps by reusing dangerous emissions – while this system can reduce waste and conserve energy, it can also handle the dangerous waste that is made in different processes. Instead of disposing of these dangerous gases, the system will reuse it in a way that will help the productivity of a plant, as well as lower environmental pollution.
Waste heat recovery is a system that should be implemented in all industries that use heat energy. From reducing energy consumption and waste to increase the profitability and efficiency of the industry, these systems are one of the most practical investments that you could make. For more information, click here.