When organizations are big as WWE is it has a fair share of good sides and also has bad ones too. The world that revolves around professional athletes has seen its employees getting in all kinds of situations. The wrestlers, both male and female have acquired a worldwide fame and are role models to many young and old people. But even as such they have managed to get themselves in awkward situations, problems with their partners or the law, and some have had troubles with illegal substances. Here is a list of seven scandals that revolved around members of the WWE.
7) Number seven is one of those stories that most of the people isn’t fond of. It includes wrestler Macho Man and at that time a minor 17-year old Stephanie McMahon. At the time when this happened Macho Man was already retired as a wrestler, but he was active as a color commentator on the WWF. When the news broke out that he has an affair with Stephanie he was removed entirely from WWF with all ties that he had being cut off. Despite this ‘happening’ with Stephanie ending quickly he was only inducted into WWE Hall of Fame in 2015 a couple of years after he passed away.
6) The ‘thing’ that was popular in the nineties were a type of enhancements substances that helped the athletes grow huge, to add mass to their size and to improve in the ring performance. We’re not naming them, but you all know what we are talking about here. The substance in question was rumored to be given to the athletes such as Hulk Hogan and Ultimate Warrior which was evident by just looking at them. Despite these wrongdoings being illegal the Chairman of WWE Vince McMahon managed to pull himself and the organization out of trials. Thanks to this event the picture of entire WWE changed as they turned towards more leaner wrestlers which were almost opposite from the trend that was happening back in the 80’s.
5) Back in the day, WWE was an entirely different type of brand where a lot of things that are today considered a ’no-no’ were an everyday occurring in the past. In the nineties when Sable was the central star in the women’s division, she was not only good at wrestling but also attracted the crowd with her looks. Her’s assets, to call them that, were also most of the time at the center of attention. She actually enjoyed teasing the crowd with her provocative appearance. So it comes as a surprise that she sued the WWE for $120 million in 1999, for harassment. Her lawyers claimed that she was pressured by WWE to act the way she did and wanted to be compensated for it. Vince McMahon settled with her outside of the court.
4) The next case is connected to the one star on the current WWE roster. Seth Rollins has had his unpleasant contact with social media. The wrestler has ‘accidentally’ posted revealing photos of Zahra Schreiber on Instagram and Twitter. The lady in question was at the time a part of NXT development talent. She was not happy with this, but the person that was even less satisfied with this event happening was Rollins’s fiancee. In retaliation, she posted photos of Seth that were revealing his private parts. This was a massive scandal for the then star on the rise, but he managed to recover despite all of the photos from this scandal are still on the net.
3) Lita is without a question one of the most popular WWE Divas of all time. Her fame came not only from her good looks and style of wrestling, but she was also the protagonist of one of the WWE’s all-time biggest love triangles. Lita was part of Team Xtreme together with Hardy Boyz. In addition to their professional commitment, she was also in a serious relationship with Matt Hardy. It was all good for the pair until Matt discovered that she was cheating on him with Edge. This prompted them to have a really public breakup, but even more so the surprise was that WWE used this event for one of their storylines. Matt Hardy and the Edge were fighting one another in several memorable matches inspired by their love triangle. In the end, Lita left Matt for Edge, but their affair also finished slightly later.
2) Sunny has been involved in so many things during her spell at the WWE, but we will focus only on her love affairs. Despite being in a serious relationship with Chris Candido, she was also fooling around with other wrestlers. Some of the men that she had a ‘thing’ with included HBK, Sabu, Raven, and British Bulldog. Quite a list you must admit. In the end, she managed to make money out of her love for opposite gender. In 2016 she released an adult movie called Sunny Side Up for which she received a $100,000 fee.
1) One of the most dramatic moments in WWE history happened on May 23, 1999, when Owen Hart died due to injuries which he suffered on Pay-Per-View event. While in the role of his alter ego The Blue Blazer he was entering the ring from the rafters that were positioned above the ring. Unfortunately, something went wrong, and he fell directly into the ring. There was no helping him, and he was pronounced dead short time after the accident. Despite this sad event the WWE officials decided to continue the show.