Point Guard position is the most stacked one out of all in the NBA. Every single guard has a tough night ahead of him in each game as they are always going up against another playmaker that can do the damage on any given night. There are no rest days for the point guards, in particular for those that are facing these five guys.
5) ISAIAH THOMAS – Celtics point guard, has been on fire this season as he is averaging over 28 points per game this year. Boston is going to end up with 2nd or 3rd seed this year, and it is mostly because Thomas is playing at an MVP level this season. Scoring is mostly what he does, but he is effective and efficient.
4) KYRIE IRVING – Cavaliers point guard is one of the most clutch players in the NBA. His finishing around the rim is fantastic, and nobody does it better than Kyrie. He is a true shot-maker, and nobody has a better handle than Irving. He is still not a great all round player, but he is much improved.
3) STEPHEN CURRY – He is not as good as he was last year, and it’s not only about the stats as he had to give up a lot to Durant to fit in. Still, he is having a good season, and he is still one of the best players in the NBA. Not only point guards but players overall. But, in 2017, two guys have been better.
2) RUSSELL WESTBROOK – This is a bit surprising, but no, Westbrook is not the best player this year. He is having an incredible season, his stats and triple-doubles are amazing, and they are the sole reason that Thunder is relevant. Still, the stats are a bit misleading, and his shooting is sometimes hurting them.
1) JOHN WALL – Wizards are exceeding all the expectations. John Wall is an all-around player and a guy that can score when his team needs while also being a player who knows how to get everybody going. Wall is now a better scorer than he was before and that is why his Wizards are doing so good, with him being the best PG in 2017.