Now when the 2016 season is finally over, we can take a look at some of the draft choices and praise the ones that have had the best rookie campaign. There were a lot of good rookie seasons on both sides of the ball and here are the best that played on offense in 2016.
5) Cody Whitehair, Center, Chicago Bears – Chicago’s center Whitehair has been a starter in all of Bears 16 games as on that position after being a college tackle and guard. He was called for three holding penalties and allowed one sack all season long. He is going to be a center for the Bears in years to come.
4) Josh Howard, Running Back, Chicago Bears – Even though the Bears had a disappointing season, the rookies were good for this squad. Howard averaged 5.2 yards per carry and also had 2.2 yards per carry after the contact. He rushed for 1,313 yards and six touchdowns which were pretty impressive for a rookie RB.
3) Michael Thomas, Wide Receiver, New Orleans Saints – Thomas is one of the steals of the draft, and you can just see that he is going to be a big star. A big target which runs the routes perfectly, he was able to catch 92 balls from Drew Brees on 121 targets. The number of catches is second of all time when it comes to rookies.
2) Ezekiel Elliott, Running Back, Dallas Cowboys – Jerry Jones took this man with the 4th overall pick, and he didn’t make a mistake by selecting him. He led the league in rushing with over 1,600 rushing yards and has done it by playing in 15 regular season games. Dallas has their running back for the future.
1) Dak Prescott, Quarterback, Dallas Cowboys – Two QBs were selected with the first two picks in the draft, but the best signal caller was 4th round choice for Dallas. He led the Cowboys to a 13-3 record and had thrown 23 TDs with only 4 picks. And yeah, he is the NFL Offensive Rookie Of The Year.