DIY or „do it yourself“ projects could help you in several ways. Firstly, taking up DIY at home actually relieves stress in the workplace and it also reduces anxiety linked to the constant connection that we have with technology. Here are some of the reasons why DIY is good for you:
- It encourages you to leave the technology alone for a period of time – we spend a big amount of time on our phones, computers, and laptops. Focusing on a manual task means having to put down your phone for some time in order to complete the task that you wanted.
- A manual DIY task that is completed gives more satisfaction that is unlike achieving any other task – think about how good you will feel once you have finally finished painting that shelf or building a wardrobe. The accomplishment of the task is the key factor.
- It will increase your self-reliance – if you are more inclined to learn a new skill when fixing, building, or making things, not only will there be a financial benefit by not needing to hire someone to do that job for you, you will increase your self-reliance as well making you less likely to panic if and when things go wrong.
- It is a fantastic way to include your children – due to the digital nature of today’s world, children are rarely familiar with some hands-on experience. DIY and gardening are the two things that encourage children to connect with the world around them and giving them a better sense of their surroundings.
What are redneck tools?
In the early 20th century, the term „redneck“ was used in reference to American coal miner union members who wore red bandanas which represented them being in a worker strike. Today, the term „redneck“ is described as „the glorious absence of sophistication“.
Here are some of the most „redneck tools“, that might help you save time and money when it comes to DIY:
- Wipers malfunction – you might have been in a situation when your wipers stopped working or are simply not working well. If you are one of those people, the fastest solution for a rainy day would be to put a simple sponge on your wipers and you fixed it. It might not be the best possible solution, but it will surely work well.
- A broken rear view mirror, no problem – did someone break your rear view mirror? With this simple hack, you will be able to fix it in no time. Just tape an ordinary mirror onto the car and you are good to go cruising down the country roads.
- Chandelier problems – did you have a problem with your chandelier, was it not working right or are you a big fan of beer and just had to have one of these for yourself? Cutting 4 cans of beer and placing them around the light bulbs is perfect for all of those who wanted a more stylish chandelier.
- Mix it away – are you trying to bake a cake, but you are missing a mixer? No problem, they have found a solution even for that. Simply place a mixer handle into a hand drill and you will be able to mix everything with it.
- Broken headlight – in case your headlight got messed up, the easiest way to fix it would probably be sticking a flashlight instead of it. This might not be the safest thing, but maybe you will go unnoticed by the police.
Although most of these DIY hacks are quite funny, you must admit that they are a good way to fix some problems that either requires some money or some time to spend on it. If you want to check out more of these amazing hacks, check out Reddit.