It was a good old shootout on a Thursday Night between two fierce divisional rivals. The Jets were able to escape from Buffalo with a 37:31 win. Forte went to the end zone three times this game while Fitzpatrick played a really good game. After that shaky first quarter, he bounced back as the Jets took over. He finished with 374 passing yards and 1 TD.
Bills were able to take a 24:20 lead in the third quarter, but New York was able to change the momentum of the game and earn themselves a huge victory. There are a few things we learned from this matchup.
1. Darrelle Revis is no longer a shutdown corner he used to be. Giving up huge plays for the second straight game, it looks like his best days are behind him.
2. Tyrod Taylor was back to his old self from last season as he finished the game with 298 passing yards, 3 TDs, and only 1 Interception. It’s good to see that his performance in Week 1 was just an aberration.
3. Ryan Fitzpatrick is a guy that is capable of winning some games for the Jets, but the jury is still out on him when it comes to performing in big moments. He did look nervous in the beginning, but he bounced back and led the Jets to victory.
4. New York Jets have a true firepower on the offensive side of the ball. Matt Forte ran for 100 yards 3 TDs on 30 carries while Decker, Marshall, and Enunwa all caught six balls for 126, 101 and 92 yards. Their offense will be a force to reckon with.
5. Even though they lost, this game was an improvement for Buffalo. They were putrid in Week 1 against the Ravens, but Rex Ryan’s squad bounced back. Still, it was not enough to win the game. They need to continue putting up good performances, but they also need to win some games as well.