The mega-popular smartphone game, Pokemon Go, has been the leader of augmented reality games for quite some time. The developer, Niantic, has had huge success with Pokemon Go and we have the stats to back that up.
However, let’s talk about the game for a bit first. In Pokemon Go, users are called trainers and it is their job to collect every Pokemon in the game; it is the core of the cartoon itself. Each new user (trainer) has to walk and search for new Pokemon. It is a location-based game that determines your location through your GPS.
Lately, Pokemon Go has added many features such as the infamous Team Rocket Grunts, Raids, Leagues, and more.
So without further ado, here are the most impressive stats behind Pokemon Go.
- With more than 5 million active daily users, Pokemon Go is one of the most popular games for smartphones. These numbers are taken based on statistics from 2018, so that number could be much bigger now.
- With more than 160 million monthly active users, and more than a billion downloads to date, Niantic has managed to rack up revenues in the billions; $3.9 billion to be precise.
- Total revenue from Android heavily surpasses that of iOS devices with $2.65 billion coming from Android users and $1.22 billion from iOS devices.
- The company makes more than $8 million of revenue per day, and the US makes around 40% of that revenue. Second on the list is Japan with almost 35% of the revenue streams. It is estimated that Niantic made around $5 million from the US and Japanese market on the first day of launch.
- A very impressive social stat is that almost 120 million new friendships have been made through Pokemon Go.
- More than 14% of all US Android devices have Pokemon Go installed on them, a stat that rivals mega-companies such as Snapchat and TikTok.
- According to pokemongopromocodes.net, new Pokemon Go Promo Codes come out every week as they are very popular with the player base. Pokemon Go Promo Codes offer discounts to players on items, giveaways, free packs, and even ultra rate Pokemon.
- Pokemon Go users spend a total of 30 mines in-game per day, desperately trying to find and catch the rarest of Pokemon in the game which are Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Ditto, Mew, and Mewtwo.
- It is estimated that around 80% of the player base is between the ages of 18 and 34, with the largest demographic falling between the 21 and 27 age count.
- Since the launch of the game, 2016, users make a total of 30% more steps per day on average while playing the game. It is estimated that all users worldwide have made more than 154 billion steps since the launch of Pokemon Go.
- The game is the fastest mobile game to earn $600 in revenue. It is estimated that it took them around 86 days.
- More than 90 billion Pokemon have been caught by trainers since launch. And there have been more than 100,000 traffic accidents caused by people playing Pokemon Go which has forced the company to rethink their strategy and notify trainers to be vigilant at all times while playing the game.