In this digital age, nearly every business is online. That’s because most consumers start their buying journey on the Internet before making a purchase – online or offline. With this in mind, SEO has become integral to your business, especially if you want to get a slice of the sales pie. Businesses are competitive on the Internet, which is why your SEO strategies need to be topnotch to stand out from the clutter. Follow these guidelines to use SEO effectively to improve sales conversions.
Research Keywords That Work Best For Your Business
Keywords are much more advanced than they used to be which means you cannot afford to ignore them. Your website needs to be optimized for the most popular phrases your consumers are using to find businesses just like yours. You need to determine these phrases and start implementing them in multiple places, including:
- Content on web pages
- Headings and titles
- Image Description
You can start with Google AdWords, but you can use more than one keyword research tool to help you identify popular phrases related to your business. Long-tail keywords tend to have better conversion rates because prospects are digging deeper into products and services related to your business.
Use Effective On-Page SEO Tactics
On-page SEO is so important because they make it easier for search engine bots to understand and index your pages. This can boost your search ranking, which is exactly what you want online. Here are some steps to take to make sure on-page SEO tactics are effective:
- Make sure title tags are clear and descriptive based on keywords researched and what you sell.
- Write clear alt text for images on every page – optimized for the right keywords.
- Link content between different pages to improve navigation and keep visitors on your site for longer.
- Improve page load speeds to bring down bounce rates.
- Make sure URLs are easy to read.
- Make sure every page has a meta description to enhance visibility and relevance.
On-page SEO is so important when you consider the number of businesses online. If search engine bots don’t understand your content, they cannot index you. By using these SEO tactics, you can improve your rankings and keep prospects on your site longer – boosting your chance of a conversion.
Give Your Content A Complete Overhaul
Google and other search engines tend to reward fresh and unique content with higher rankings – exactly what you need when you’re looking to boost sales conversions. Simply using keywords is no longer enough. Your content needs to add real value to the reader so they can share it on social channels and improve engagement. Here are some ideas to help you give you content a complete overhaul:
- Do a complete audit of your existing content and remove/re-direct old pages that are no longer relevant.
- Use videos, infographics and images to clearly explain concepts for easier viewer consumption.
- Write evergreen blogs that can sit on your site without any time limitations
- Create value by providing your audience with e-books and other informative resources – without always having the intention to sell.
- Get your audience to share your content on social channels so it reaches more and more people with greater engagement.
When prospects search for products and services related to your business, they may come across your content. If they find value, they will stay on your pages for longer, and may eventually choose to buy from you. If your content is too salesy or not valuable enough, they will move on and look elsewhere. Valuable content is a good way to gain more leads and convert them into customers.
Leverage Local SEO
If you’re looking to get more visitors into your store, it’s worth finding a way to boost your local SEO with companies such as SEO Shark. People are always on the go now, using the mobiles to locate businesses related to products and services they search for. Consider the following:
- Add a Google My Business page with important details like store timings and location.
- Get local reviews to demonstrate how valuable your business has been to customers – prospects regard these online reviews as trustworthy.
- Make sure your website and pages are optimized for mobile so people near you can read about your products and services with ease – without needing a computer or laptop.
Local SEO has never been more important than it is today because people use their mobiles to search for literally everything.
If you want to boost your sales conversions, make sure you focus on your SEO practices with these guidelines. For more information about SEO services visit https://www.onlinemarketinggurus.com/en-sg/seo-agency/.