The draft is almost here, and everyone is wondering how will it pan out. Which player will be selected at which number. Dallas Cowboys held their pre-draft press conference, but it remains unclear who will be their choice in the first round. The Cowboys have the No19 pick, so their selection will be influenced by the teams picking before them.
The way things stand now, America’s Team will select either a wide receiver or a linebacker. Last week their No1 WR Dez Bryant was released. Since then the rumors started that The Boys are aiming towards Alabama’s Calvin Ridley, Maryland’s D.J. Moore, and SMU’s Courtland Sutton.
Another player who left in free agency and left a hole to fill is LB Anthony Hitchens. Cowboys need a player at this position as they can’t rely only on Sean Lee and Jaylon Smith. Their search for LB started with pre-draft visits from Boise State’s Leighton Vander Esch and Alabama’s Rashaan Evans.
Both players are versatile, and with their quality, they can make an immediate impact on Dallas Cowboys roster. Dallas’ head office will look at players that can influence the game from the start as they believe that they are in a position to compete for the Super Bowl right now. If Cowboys go with a linebacker at No19, it will be the first time that they are drafting a player at this position since 2006 when they selected Ohio State’s Bobby Carpenter.
We believe that they will do just that, and our choice is Vander Esch. Below you can see our entire mock draft.
1. Cleveland Browns. Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming
2. New York Giants. Bradley Chubb, DE, NC State
3. New York Jets. Sam Darnold, QB, USC
4. Cleveland Browns. Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State
5. Denver Broncos. Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma
6. Indianapolis Colts. Quenton Nelson, G, Notre Dame
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Derwin James, S, Florida State
8. Chicago Bears. Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State
9. San Francisco 49ers. Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech
10. Oakland Raiders. Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia
11. Miami Dolphins. Minkah Fitzpatrick, S, Alabama
12. Buffalo Bills. Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA
13. Washington Redskins. Vita Vea, DT, Washington
14. Green Bay Packers. Harold Landry, OLB, Boston College
15. Arizona Cardinals. Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama
16. Baltimore Ravens. Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame
17. Los Angeles Chargers. Kolton Miller, OT, UCLA
18. Seattle Seahawks. Marcus Davenport, DE, UTSA
19. Dallas Cowboys. Leighton Vander Esch, LB, Boise State
20. Detroit Lions. Da’Ron Payne, DT, Alabama
21. Cincinnati Bengals. James Daniels, C, Iowa
22. Buffalo Bills. Isaiah Wynn, OG, Georgia
23. New England Patriots. Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville
24. Carolina Panthers. Jaire Alexander, CB, Louisville
25. Tennessee Titans. Rashaan Evans, LB, Alabama
26. Atlanta Falcons. Taven Bryan, DT, Florida
27. New Orleans Saints. Mike Gesicki, TE, Penn State
28. Pittsburgh Steelers. Josh Jackson, CB, Iowa
29. Jacksonville Jaguars. Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU
30. Minnesota Vikings. Mike Hughes, CB, Central Florida
31. New England Patriots. Connor Williams, OT, Texas
32. Philadelphia Eagles. Derrius Guice, LSU