Fortnite is one of the most played games on Xbox One, and perhaps, on every gaming platform. It’s so popular that a few governments around the world have considered banning it. While there are great sites like Bestfortnitesettings that tell you how top Fortnite player play the game and what settings they use – there hasn’t been enough articles about Fortnite on consoles – how to play it, and the best tips and tricks that’ll make you successful. This article will guide you through a few of those you can immediately use to improve the quality of your playing and impress your friends and if you want more – go to gamesmobilepc.com.
Your Xbox and Game Room
While consoles don’t need comprehensive setting changes and set up like computers, you still need to do a few things to make sure your experience is optimal and you don’t face any hiccups during gameplay:
- The controller should fully functional and comfortable in your hands – a dysfunctional controller can be frustrating and will discourage you from playing quickly. Because the major part of this game is aiming and shooting at things, the analog sticks should have just the right sensitivity for you to aim easily.
- Low ping and no lagging are important for time-sensitive games like Fortnite. A high lag would result in you dying before even realizing you’ve been shot at. Connect your Xbox to the internet through an ethernet instead of WiFi, and when you’re playing, don’t put extra unnecessary loads on your internet.
- Your game room is also part of the experience. An uncomfortable chair, loud noises, or recurrent disturbances can really bring down the quality of your playing session. Make yourself comfortable and let no one bother you while playing.
Focusing on Getting Good In-game Gear
Outside of your aiming and strategizing skills, the thing that determines the outcome of a match is the quality of your gears and the number of items and ammo you have.
Learn the weaknesses and strengths of each weapon and choose one that fits your playstyle: someone who’s bad at aiming would love shotguns, and the more patient gamers choose sniper rifles.
The type of the weapon isn’t the only thing that matters – Fortnite has a weapon hierarchy that ranks weapons from the most common (which does the least amount of damage) to the rarest (which are objectively better). Keep on the lookout for the color of the weapons. From the most common to rarest: grey, green, blue, purple and orange.
You shouldn’t forget about medkits and ammo, too. You should stick up on both as soon as possible – preferably early game, as everyone else is also scrambling for resources and you don’t have to worry about getting shot at and killed.
Teamwork is Necessary
You and your teammates have a shared goal, and the only way you can go far in a game is by helping each other out. From the basics like healing to giving cover and other tactical decisions, you’re almost always better if you help your team out:
- Make sure your microphone works correctly, and you can communicate clearly with your team. Every large game develops its own language and shorthands, and if you want to quickly communicate with the skilled players, you have to learn the lingo.
- Learn the basics of the game quickly. Most team members in competitive games aren’t necessarily friendly, and if you make very elementary mistakes, they might shun you. It’s a good idea to watch a few videos by professional players and emulating what they do until you get a better grasp of the game.
Using the Maps Strategically
Fortnite maps are colorful, vibrant, and have a look of variation in terrains and buildings. Aside from making the game look interesting and new, it also serves as a core game mechanic. There are unequivocally better strategic points in each map, and who captures them gains a large strategic advantage and will face less trouble compared to other players.
That’s why you should check different maps and look up which spots are the best and try to capture them at the earliest chance you get. Of course, due to how valuable are these points, you’re not the only one who wants to get a hold of them. Most of the fight breaks out in these areas between different teams fighting over the point. If you think you don’t have the resources or the skills to fight for these points, it is better to play it safe and not risk being easily killed.
Fortnite is not like many of the other first-person shooter games, where you just take aim and shoot, and the one who aims first usually comes out on top. It involves scavenging for gears, teamwork for survival, and strategic positioning to win games. All these added layers make Fortnite one of the most popular games two years running, and the trend seems to be continuing into the future. If you want to enjoy it with your friends, this guide will help you get the most out of it.