Do you fancy essential oils and you’re possibly wondering how to create some yourself? If so, you have to find a reliable manufacturer who can make your dreams a reality. This is because you have to monitor a ton of important aspects, such as if it is available, interpretation skills, turnaround time, and price. Different manufacturers will leave you with different price options and delivery dates. Keep on reading and understand what you have to keep an eye out for.
What is a private label product?
A private label product is manufactured and supplied by one company and offered for sale under another company’s brand. This means that you are allowed to get into the creative process of it. In fact, you can arrange any specific color, logo, or quote onto the product. This is where your creative side comes to play, and where you can name your new batch of oils however you like. It is not a generic process of creating your favorite scented oil, but a fun and creative way to start or expand your business.
Top 3 elements to understand when it comes to manufacturing
1. Their turnaround time
Turnaround is one of the most critical factors for a lot of companies. Most labs can leave you with a sample of your preferred oil in 48 hours. Some scents can take a bit more time to make (such as exotic kinds). However, if a lab gives you an approximation and a specific deadline that works for you, you should follow along. In case they take too much to deliver you should move along.
2. Alert notifications
Some scents and oils are not as easy to make, and some can have unbalanced faulty scents or errors of any kind. This is when you will get an update via email, text notification, or a call. Your manufacturer will always keep you informed, and they will not leave you out in the dark.
3. Aiming for the right industry
Is your lab familiar with your industry and who you plan on selling? Many labs specialize in a particular industry and can work with some scents or samples better than others. Make sure that they can meet your expectations and requirements before you book them in advance.
What are the pros of private labeling?
- Profit margins – a lab that you choose and a manufacturer that you go for might take more time to create your product (and it will be pricier to make), but that also allows you to sell it at a higher price. Private labels are pricey but well worth it if you’re in it for the long run.
- Exclusive – you won’t look generic as a brand and you will not easily blend with the rest of the products and items on eBay or Amazon. You will offer exclusivity to your audience and customers, which is what everyone wants!
- Branding – who wouldn’t want to own a brand?! It is so cool having your name next to something unique that no one else has, right? Private manufacturing and labeling will allow you to express your creativity through your brand.
- Marketing – when you own a brand, you have many more options to choose from, but also watch out for. You can choose your targeted audience and gain followers on social media and later on interact with them to get in touch with your marketing aspect.
What are the cons of private labeling?
- Quality – working online with a product that you can’t taste or feel is a risk in itself. Not everyone will sell the same high-quality oils at the same price point. This is why it’s so important to find trusted private label manufacturers and test sample products before committing to your first batch.
- Legality – make sure that you solve any legal issues upfront and that you think about everything in advance. Do the paperwork, check out regulations, look for patent risks, as well as safety risks. It is better to be cautious and to overthink the given situation than it is to be sorry later on.
How to find a private label manufacturer: what to look out for
If you have an idea and a vision on what to do, but you are not sure how to execute it just now, here’s what to watch out for!
Product manufacture and specialization – do not go for the first name that pops online. In fact, you should seek out manufacturers that have a track record in your niche. Go for someone outstanding and experienced in this field.
Pricing – no one wants to spend a lot of money or go way out of their budget. You should always ask for a specific quote to get a sense of what the brand has to offer. You should ask for the price of sample products, minimum quantities, and any type of discounts for bulk orders.
Product quality – you should invest some time to read reviews about your chosen manufacturers. You can also read a ton of forums to get an insight into what a high-quality oil or serum looks like. If you live near your manufacturer why not also pay them a quick visit? This way, you will be completely involved in the process.
Want to make your own unique oil?
Working with different oils seems like a lot of fun, right? You can go for essential oils, organic ones, or cosmetic kinds and sell them in your store or online. If you’re ready to make your dreams a reality, check out pureoilsindia.com. They are a leading global brand when it comes to making and distributing natural essential oils, all of high standards with a ton of different scents for you to choose from. Enjoy high-quality and custom formulation that is catered to your taste and wishes. Everything is organic and ready to go for your big or small list of consumers and customers!