The feud that started between Vin Diesel and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, while making the Fast and Furious eighth installment, has been the center of attention for a long time already. Even though the producers tried to camouflage the whole thing, it had already taken its toll. However, the 44-year-old actor has recently revealed his true emotions on the matter, saying that he has no regrets whatsoever. In his interview with The L.A. Times, he spoke about the new project he is currently working on – the Disney’s Moana, but he also looked back at the events from the set of Fast and Furious 8:
“I was very clear with what I said. I’ve been in the game a long time,” Johnson explained. “Would Universal have preferred that didn’t happen? Sure, we talked about it. The irony is after that and as they do their tracking and all their analysis, the interest shot through the roof to a whole other level.”
He even says that the intolerance between the two of them is felt on the screen:
“When you watch this movie next April and it seems like I’m not acting in some of these scenes and my blood is legit boiling — you’re right.”
The rumor even has it that although their feud started as a real clash, it will eventually serve a different purpose. Namely, the main goal is promoting the new sequel of the movie. Fast and Furious 8 is to be released on April 2, 2017. Whatever their plan is, it only remains for us to wait and see whether it will reflect positively on the movie or it will reduce its ratings as a result.
Another thing that we also could hear is that this could be a starting point for a big clash of these two superstars in Wrestlemania match. This could happen right before the official launch of the new film to further up the excitement of fans.