Dwayne Johnson is one of the busiest people in Hollywood, and we can see his new movies almost on a regular basis as he usually works on several projects simultaneously. He’s been in a large number of films, and some of them turned out to be great, while the others were not so successful. Here is the list of movies with The Rock from the worst to the best.
31. The Tooth Fairy – Dwayne Jonson is a hockey player who was punished because he crushed one kids’ dream and for not believing in tooth fairies. His task was to be a real-life tooth fairy – not a good idea and if you don’t believe us, check out the trailer.
30. Doom – Came out in 2005 when Johnson still had its ups and downs. He didn’t make a name out of himself in this one.
29. Jem and the Holograms – In this movie, The Rock plays himself, and the movie is just bad (Not because of Johnson).
28. Longshot – Longshot is a film about boy bands – Just imagine Johnson in a role like this.
27. Hercules – Hercules with the former WWE star is a solid flick with good action, but you can just see that the beard is fake. They had a high budget, so we expected more.
26. Why Did I Get Married Too? – Interesting idea, but Tyler Perry is the writer, director and an actor. It’s too much.
25. Southland Tales – Generally unknown movie to the masses about “an action star stricken with amnesia” and “an adult film star who is developing her own reality TV project.” It didn’t get good reviews.
24. Reno 911!: Miami – How can we forget about Dwayne’s explosive performance in this movie?
23. G. I. Joe: Retaliation – This one is great, but if you watch it on mute. C’mon Dwayne, you can do better than that.
22. Race to Witch Mountain – A great kids’ movie in which Johnson plays a cabbie who will later become a bodyguard. He did great in his role.
21. Planet 51 – A blend between computer-animated sci-fi and a family movie in 3D, which is not something you want to watch.
20. Be Cool – John Travolta was a huge star back in 2005, and Dwayne Johnson was just his sidekick. This movie is watchable and you can see young Dwayne acting.
19. Journey 2: The Mysterious Island – Journey to the Center of the Earth made more than $240 million, and the Journey 2 easily went over $300 million. But that is about it because this movie was just an average one.
18. Get Smart – Johnson appeared in this film together with Anne Hathaway and Steve Carell. We would like to see this trio filming a movie now because it would be awesome.
17. Gridiron Gang – The Rock plays Sean Porter and he leads the teenagers in the juvie who play football together. We recommend you watch this film.
16. Pain & Gain – This one is based on a New Times story and it is not as bad as people say. Give it a chance, you will not regret it.
15. The Mummy Return – It was thought to be the prequel to The Scorpion King 16 years ago, but now it’s just a cheap film.
14. Central Intelligence – The chemistry between Johnson and Kevin Hart is a reason why you should watch this movie. It is not the greatest story, but they managed to turn it into a hilarious voyage that will keep you entertained.
13. Empire State – This thriller is based on a true story, and besides Dwayne, you can watch Emma Roberts and Liam Hemsworth.
12. Moana – You should watch this movie with your kids. If you don’t have kids, you should still watch it.
11. The Other Guys – Even though The Rock is not one of the two lead actors in this movie, it is worth watching. Will Ferrell, Derek Jeter, and Mark Wahlberg will make sure you have a good time.
10. San Andreas – Watching Dwayne Johnson saving his family from collapsing puts this movie somewhere in the middle. Not his greatest work, but an action-packed film that will keep your attention.
9. Snitch – This one contains everything you expect to see in a flick with Johnson – drama, tense moments, machine guns and fights.
8. Faster – Even though this movie in which Dwayne plays a small-time criminal named Driver has nothing to do with the Fast and Furious franchise, it is worth watching.
7. Furious 7 – You simply need to see it.
6. The Game Plan – This one is a cute movie that you and your girlfriend/boyfriend can watch and just relax.
5. Walking Tall – Don’t pay attention to the critics because this is Johnson’s best movie. We had to take into account what critics had to say, so that is why it is placed 5th on the list.
4. The Scorpion King – The Scorpion King was The Rock’s breakout role, but it is far from perfect. It was just good to watch Johnson on the big screen.
3. Fast & Furious 6 – According to Rotten Tomatoes, this one is the third-best Johnson movie, and he really had a decent role in a solid project.
2. The Rundown – Seann William Scott or Stifler from American Pie and Rosario Dawson team up with Dwayne Johnson and it works! A movie you should definitely watch.
1. Fast Five – Fast Five is arguably the best movie in the franchise and Johnson was a major part of the film. He plays government agent Luke Hobbs, and this role put The Rock on the A-list of Hollywood.