Dwayne Johnson should run for president of the United States of America, and this is no joke. Several years ago, nobody could assume that Donald Trump, a reality-TV tabloid star, and businessman, would run for president and actually win. If he could do it, why not The Rock? This guy is successful, and he knows how to address the crowd. He proved that you could achieve anything by working hard and people all around the nation love him. He always encourages his fans and is always optimistic, and we need someone who believes that the future of this country is bright.
Moreover, he is loved by both left and right, and he has been hinting at running for president for years. Trump shocked the world when he won the race, but he also showed that anyone could become the head of the state. The Rock is not the only celebrity who “plans” to run in 2023. He could be joined by Mark Cuban, Mark Zuckerberg and Oprah who are also rumored to run.
In an interview with GQ, Dwayne Johnson said: “I haven’t ruled politics out…it would be an opportunity to make a real impact on people’s lives on a global scale. But there are a lot of other things I want to do first.” Later, in an SNL skit he stated: “In the past, I never would’ve considered running for president. I didn’t think I was qualified at all, but now I’m worried I’m too qualified.” This may be just for laughs or is it serious?
What is great is that it doesn’t matter whether The Rock announces candidacy as a republican or a democrat. He has appeared in a get-out-the-vote capacity at the national conventions of both Republican and Democratic parties. He is a registered Republican, but he claims to be independent today. He will bring charisma and spectacle to the presidential race and what better candidate than the WWE champ?
Could The Rock Win?
The idea of having an entertainer in the Oval Office should not be surprising anymore. We already had something similar when Arnold Schwarzenegger won in California and Jesse Ventura in Minnesota, but this was on a state level. Either way, it showed that it is possible and if Johnson can’t do it, nobody can.
Even though he has recently fallen to be the second-highest paid actor in Hollywood, he is still among the best, and his influence is out of this world. He earned a lot of money because he’s the rare “superfecta of action stars [who hits] on all four quadrants worshipped by movie studios: old men, young men, old women, and young women,” said NBCUniversal vice chairman Ron Meyer.
Furthermore, his African-Canadian and Samoan ancestry means that he represents the people of America no matter the person’s race or background. He joked with Obama: “We’re both charismatic, intelligent, good lookin’ boys from Hawaii with a bi-racial heritage who overcame enormous odds. One of us captured the imagination of millions of people around the world and became an American symbol of pride and hope.The other became the president of the United States.”
Johnson has killed so many bad guys in the movies, and we believe that he will approach terrorism combat from a different angle. Perhaps he even defeats all terrorists by himself – it is a possibility with The Rock. All jokes aside, Johnson played in many movies this year, from action-packed Fast 8 to animated film Moana. What’re his movies have to do with anything? Johnson is relatable no matter what he does, and it is a quality (not sure if the quality is the right word, but you get the point) many politicians want to acquire. When you look at Johnson talking about serious topics, or fooling around, training in the gym and hosting shows, you want to grab a beer with a guy, and love him or not, we all need to admit that he has an outstanding character.
Public Policy Polling tested various potential candidates who might run against Donald Trump in 2023. If Johnson were to run for president as a Democrat, he would beat Trump 42% to %37, converting about %15 percent of Trump supporters from the election behind us. He appeals to both Democrats and Republicans – 38% and 31% responded positively to the idea of Johnson running for a president, whereas 47% and 52% weren’t sure. This is a good start, without any campaign.
He probably doesn’t even need a campaign since he has already won millions of people nationwide. The Rock is indeed “The People’s Champion” and in a presidential race, he will show what he is made of.
What kind of President would The Rock be?
Running for a president is easy, but winning the race is difficult. What is even harder is running a country. A GQ cover story put it this way: “No one gets up earlier than Dwayne Johnson. Or goes to bed later. Or is more awake during the hours in between. No one in Hollywood is more buff, more driven, or gets paid better. The man has so much charisma and ambition he can do anything.” What America needs is a leader who can solve problems. Here are some of The Rock’s characteristics which might be crucial for the future of this country.
1. He is a successful entrepreneur and has executive experience – The way president runs things has evolved from the 18th and 19th century. You need a powerful and experienced team behind you to challenge your every decision and to change things together. Johnson knows how to run a business, and at 45, he’s been a New York Times best-selling author, star of an HBO series, among Time’s 100 Most Influential People and Muscle & Fitness’ Man of the Century.
2. Exceptional Communicator – He is the embodiment of American dream, he came from rags to riches, and today this guy has 92 million followers on Instagram, and he knows how to connect with the audience via social media or in real life. His communication skills could help America forge alliances with other world powers.
3. He is Respectful and Kind – He is a decent person and down-to-earth guy. Fame didn’t change his character but enhanced it. Early in his career, he established Dwayne Johnson Rock Foundation which raises money for terminally ill children. He said: “When there’s a disagreement, and you have a large group of people that you’re in a disagreement with…it informs me that I could be better. One of the qualities of a great leader is not shutting people out…Even if we disagree, we’ve got to figure it out.If there’s a large number of people disagreeing, there might be something I’m not seeing, so let me see it. [Help] me understand it.”
4. This man unites people who have different ideologies – It is a tough thing to do, but it circles back to The Rock being relatable.
5. He is hard-working and inspires others to work – His days are long, from the early exercises to everyday effort he puts in to finish his job and come closer to the ambitious goals he has set for himself.
Make it Work
There is more to politics than just being charismatic, well-spoken and hard-working. You also need to be a great judge of character and cunning. If someone is to represent American Values, which are, I am afraid, long-lost, it is Dwayne Johnson. If he announces his candidacy, it is up to the people to “make it work.” We guarantee that Dwayne Johnson will be true to his part of the deal.