The gift of sight is one of the greatest ones that most people have been bestowed with. To see an innumerable combination of colors and whatnot is one of the most extraordinary things to have without even asking for it. Unfortunately, many people do not have the power of sight, and they are the ones that truly know the importance of being able to see.
This being said, not all those who do have the power of sight can maintain their presence in the same quality throughout their lives. Most people commonly wear corrective lenses, wear contact lenses, and some others with severe sight issues get a Lasik eye operation, a laser-guided invasive operation that will correct any deformity in the retina.
We’re going to discuss the most common way of correcting vision, that is, through the corrective lenses. They have two lenses, one for each eye and each lense with varying power densities. Now here’s the thing. These lenses are completely transparent and let light entirely pass through. This sounds fine.
When it isn’t, the harmful UV rays from the sun can damage the retina, and the corrective lenses can only make the situation worse. This is what polarised lenses aim to eliminate. Visit otticasm.com to know more about polarised sunglasses. We’ll be covering the care for both sunglasses as well as polarised corrective lenses in this article, so without further ado, let’s get into it!
What Are Polarized Lenses
Polarised sunglasses or corrective lenses are visual aids that people use to have clear sight even in high UV rays or sunlight. These lenses are different from the standard type of lenses because they turn into shades in the presence of the sun. This means the lenses turn dark grey to a direct response to sunlight, thereby filtering and limiting the amount of the sun that enters through the lens.
They are a great choice of vision aid if you spend a lot of time outside the house. This comes of great help for those performing work or any continuous activity in the presence of high glare surroundings. Although the color of your vision turns into an image that you usually get while wearing sunglasses, the quality of sight in terms of clarity does not reduce even a bit.
Just as you wear sunblock or sunscreen to protect the other parts of the body exposed to the sun, your vision needs the adequate defense it can get. To get some of the best options visit https://goodr.com/.
Advantages Of Polarized Sunglasses
Clarity in vision
Polarised sunglasses provide you with much-needed clarity in vision even in surroundings that are brightly lit. This is because brightly lit surroundings usually have many glares, and polarised glasses aim to eliminate precisely. You can now work in the sweltering heat and light while comfortably seeing with your lenses.
Minimal loss in color
Although the lenses change in color, viewing the lenses does not lead to a loss in the shade. The lenses aim to give you clarity and color in your vision while minimizing color distortion to the maximum. Therefore, you’d be able to enjoy everything as it is, without having to see everything in dark gray.
Easy on the eyes
Galileo, one of the brightest minds in history, lost his eyesight as a matter of constant exposure to the sun’s rays on observing it through a telescope. A man with perfect vision went clinically blind by the end of his life.
This is the devastating effect that sunlight can have on the naked eye. Hence polarised sunglasses or progressive lenses, such as GlassesUSA.com help you function correctly amidst the damaging UV rays, all while keeping your eyesight intact.
Disadvantages Of Polarised Lenses
Watching electrical displays might be a problem for you as polarised glasses are designed to minimize color distortion only for natural light. When it comes to displays and LCD screens, though, the polarised lenses might not be the best choice on your part.
Dimly lit surroundings
As we previously stated, polarised lenses are beneficial for surroundings that are well lit and for outdoor activities. They might not be the best for darker surroundings for apparent reasons. Have you seen anyone wear shades in a dark room? That’s why.
How To Clean And Care For Your Sunglasses And Lenses
Lenses are an extension of your sight. Since they are visual aids, your vision is good only as long as they are. It is impractical and straight-up expensive to keep replacing them often due to defects. Therefore, it is essential to take care of them properly. That being said, let’s take a look at how to take care and properly clean your glasses :
- Never wipe on your glasses just like that. This is because particulate matter gets stuck on the surface of the glasses throughout the day. Make sure to use a lens cleaner, adequately distribute it all over the lens, and wipe the lens with a clean satin cloth.
- We can’t stress the point of using a proper cloth for lenses enough. Make sure you don’t use rough materials such as paper towels, napkins, and other cloth materials that are usually more on the wilder side.
- Use a good-sized hard exterior case for your glasses. You need a topic that will evenly distribute the force on the impact of the case to the ground. This way, your glasses remain safe and unscathed. Clean the interior of the case now and then with a clean cloth, any dust that settles in the case will also come out, thereby housing your lenses in a cleaner environment.
- Although most lenses today come with smudge-free technology these days, ensure that you do not use the tip of your fingers to touch the surface of the glasses. This is because your fingers can be filthy as a result of contact in various places. Make sure to connect the glasses only by their sides.
- Always use two hands to wear and remove your glasses. This is because using only one hand can bend one side of the eyewear a lot more than the other, thereby tinting the mirror and giving your eyes even more strain than usual.