Just a couple of weeks ago ESPN released the probability for the Celtics to make the Playoffs and their chances to get the second seed in the Eastern Conference. Even though they had 99% chances to make the Playoffs, they were given just 1% chance to get that second seed in the East. Yes, they were 3.5 games back on the Raptors, but the odds were just way too small.
Now, just 15 days later, the Celtics will meet with the Raptors in Toronto on a Tuesday Night in a duel that has a lot on the line. Even though the season is still young, this game could be the turning point of the year for the Celtics. If they win, they will take over as the second seed in the Eastern Conference. If they lose, they will again be two games back on the Raptors, with Toronto already beating them twice this season. That’s going to be tough for Boston to recover from as the Raptors will again have a good advantage.
Boston Celtics had a tough December schedule but ended playing pretty well. The company from Boston rose to the occasion in December, winning a bunch of road duels against Playoff caliber teams in the East. Now, they have a much easier schedule in the month of January, and they are making the most of the opportunity. Their toughest match of the month will come on Tuesday as they are traveling north of the border to face the Raptors.
Isaiah Thomas is playing at an All-Star level, and he will most likely make the All-Star roster. A good showing against Lowry and DeRozan will be a great argument for him starting in that game.