BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) has announced through its Business blog the the new ProntoForms app that will enable companies to increase productivity on the go.
Now a days, companies are turning more and more towards mobility and taking advantage of new technologies such as cloud computing to mobilize their work force and to shorten the communication gap to increase productivity.
Many companies provide their sales forces with mobile phones that they can use to VPN into the home office or connect to a cloud drive to pull data while talking to clients.
BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) says the new ProntoForms app for BlackBerry 10 was designed specifically for enterprise processes. It says workers in the field will be able to navigate even faster and increasing productivity within a secure mobile environment.
The new ProntoForms app can collect data in real time and send back to the home office on an intuitive. This saves time and creates the potential
for efficiency and productivity in the field.
The blog lists few points for what businesses can do with the new ProntoForms app:
- Move your forms onto BlackBerry devices
- Capture text, photos, signatures*, and barcodes
- Collect credit card payments within a form (North America only)
- Sketch on a blank canvas, pre-loaded image or device image, and integrate it into a mobile form (in a future release)
- Easily add geo location and time stamps
- Look-up tables to retrieve the latest customer information, inventory, schedules, part numbers, pricing
BlackBerry also lists few examples of how the ProntoForms app can make a difference:
- Government: Communicate and relay data in a world renowned mobile secure environment
- Responders: Report and document emergency situations in the timeliest manner possible
- Legal: Take advantage of the BlackBerry Q10 physical keyboard to ensure prompt, accurate witness/client statement information
- Retail: Save valuable time with inventory and requisition activities
- Corporate: Feel at ease communicating highly sensitive company data with enterprise executives
- Health: Collect and safeguard patient information