The Rock is the most electrifying man in all of the entertainment, and we already knew that. We also know that he is one of the biggest stars that has ever stepped foot in the WWE ring. His meteoric rise to superstardom has earned him many opportunities outside of the organization. But, what are the things that you might not know about The Rock? Well, here they are.
1) He is a third generation wrestler – Johnson’s father was a wrestler, but many people don’t know that his grandpa “High Chief” Peter Maivia was also in the wrestling business, making him a third-generation superstar. Actually, as a first ever third-generation wrestler that has ever been in the WWF, The Rock was heavily hyped when he arrived.
2) His first wrestling name in WWE wasn’t The Rock – Even though we today know him as Dwyane The Rock Johnson, he made his debut in the WWE ring at Survivor Series as Rocky Maivia, combining the names of his father and grandfather.
3) His first filmed movies – The Rock was getting a lot of mainstream recognition after he became a huge star in the WWE. His first two movies were “The Scorpion King” and “The Mummy Returns.” His first lead role came in 2002 in the spinoff of “The Scorpion King.”
4) He played football in the CFL – Football was on The Rock’s mind in his early age, and he joined the Calgary Stampeders of the Canadian Football League, though he was cut only two months into their season. When his football career was over, he decided to join the family business – wrestling.
5) Has Canadian Citizenship – Despite not having been born in Canada, The Rock became a Canadian citizen in 2009 due to changes in Canadian nationality law. In short, he gained the citizenship because his father was Canadian.