Nowadays, one of the most common disorders that are so often talked about is anorexia – it is the third most common chronic disease among young people. Anorexia is an eating disorder which is mostly found in adolescents but can also affect children and adults. The very cause of this issue is not known, but once it manifests, in a great majority of cases, its main symptom – low weight – can be easily noticed. However, it should be noted that there are some cases when people are not severely underweight but do suffer from anorexia, and then, of course, it’s more difficult to diagnose the problem.
A major problem common to people suffering from anorexia is that they are not aware of the fact that they are underweight, but consider themselves overweight instead, i.e. someone has distorted perception of their body, and they live in constant illogical fear of gaining weight. However, even though this is a severe disorder and it can be even life-threatening, the important thing to bear in mind is that one can beat it! Take a look at the following ten pictures of people who fought tooth and nail to beat it and managed to win the battle. If you want to learn more about anorexia you can read more here or here.
1. Margherita Barbieri – a talented ballet dancer who recovered from anorexia after her peers had called her “Thunder Thighs.”
2. Hannah – believe it or not, at one point, Hannah’s BMI dropped to only 11, but, as you can see she is now a beautiful girl.
3. When you look at these two pictures, it’s hard to believe that it is the same person on the left and on the right, but you’ll be even more surprised to hear that the right picture was taken only one year later. Pretty amazing, don’t you think?
4. This girl is just another example that, no matter how hard it is, it can get better and you can be strong and happy again.
5. Danny Walsh – Danny used to be obsessed with football and becoming the best football player in the world, and instead of a dream career, this obsession led him to anorexia, but he managed to beat it in only four months.
6. Elle Lietzow – not only did this girl refuse to eat, but she didn’t even want to drink water, which eventually led to a seizure. But, as you can see, she is now healthy and beautiful.
7. Matthew Booth – this young man almost died from anorexia, but he was lucky enough to make it and show everyone that there’s always hope.
8. Linn Strömberg – this girl believed it’s sufficient to take 400 calories a day, but such diet almost caused a heart attack. But look how good-looking she is now!
9. Here’s what this teen learned from her experience: “No more fear of doing or wearing anything that might make me look less than perfect to anyone who might be looking at me.”
10. Kaitlyn Davidson – when you look at her now, can you believe that she once weighed less than 37 kg? Of course you can’t, she looks stunning.