It is common knowledge that the technology is changing and that the things are improving extremely fast. Literally, everyone knows that. But the thing that is hardest to predict is what technology or better said which technologies (plural!) are going to be the next big thing. If you can accurately predict that then you Sir are a genius. Pat yourself on the back because job offers are going to be flying into your mailbox.
However browsing through numerous predictions and ideas in order to find that one hidden gem is really hard. First of all, one has to be educated and extremely smart, by educated we mean that he/she must know a lot in various fields. But one will also need luck.
Thanks to both kind and generous people that are by chance quite smart we got the help we needed to make a list of technologies that will rock this world. Some of the things from our list are also featured in the ‘MIT Technology Review’ so we believe that we provided you with some accuracy at least.
Here we go:
1. Self-Driving Trucks. Big rigs that have no human at the wheel will soon be a common thing on the roads near you. Truly a sad innovation for all those truck drivers…
2. Paying With Your Face. Chinese have already developed this technology, and there you can pay with your face. Will this be a standard thing here in the near future?
3. Reversing Paralysis. Spinal cord injuries could be treated with brain implants which are able to give back the ability to move. A groundbreaking achievement indeed.
4. The 360-Degree Selfie. Cameras that can make spherical images are marking the beginning of new era in photography.
6. The Cell Atlas. Have you seen ‘I Origins’? Well, this is similar to that. Sort of. Soon we’ll be able to find out what we are made of.
7. Hot Solar Cells. Cheap power is on the way! This breakthrough device will allow us to convert heat to focused beams of light. The result- cheap power!
8. Reinforcement Learning. Computers are already learning things that no human could teach them by experimenting.
9. Gene Therapy 2.0. Scientists are on the brink of solving the main problem that was stopping them from curing rare hereditary disorders. After this, we expect a full attack on illnesses such as heart diseases, cancer, and other common but fatal disorders.
10. Botnets of Things. Initiative to connect all of your home gadgets is resulting in dangerous side effects… Beware…